In this Q&A episode, Kayona answers questions about Of Music and Men, talks about her heroes Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Issa Rae, gives insight about the goal for the project, and provides details about how we got to this point.
1. What is the goal for this approach to the project?
2. Tell us how the podcast differs from the novellas, how the novellas differ from the TV scripts, but what they all have in common.
3. You start each episode with what you call a "cold open". How or why did you want to do this?
4. How would you describe your writing style?
5. The music is very important. Tell us about the journey (past, present, and future) of the music.
6. What can we expect moving forward?
If you have a question, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Of Music and Men was created to be a television series. Still working toward that, this project continues to grow. I decided to turn each of the those television episodes into its own novella. For this podcast, you're hearing those novellas broken up into sub-episodes that you get each week. The last eight podcast-episodes that you've heard make up the pilot for the TV show (and for that matter, the first novella).
Confused yet? lol
For credits on each of the episodes that make up this bonus, visit our episode archive page:
Please support us at Patreon.com/ofmusicandmen